You built a website, wrote the content, now you want an HONEST review.
Does it capture your company’s essence? Will your customers like it? Does it promote the image you want to convey?
We understand the challenges and rewards entrepreneurs face because we’re in the same boat. Yep, we designed this website and wrote the content and wanted honest reviews. And even though we write and design for a living, we still wake up in the middle of the night wondering if it’s as good as it can be.
Luckily, we had plenty of contacts who gave us honest feedback. And that made the site better, made our message stronger, and, perhaps even helped us sleep better at night. (Well, maybe not every night.) But you’re in luck too – we’re your contact and we want to help you communicate better with your target audience.
Designing a website isn’t just about how it looks. It’s about how it works, how it sounds, how all the elements come together to communicate what service or goods you provide. We offer comprehensive website content and design analysis targeted specifically for entrepreneurs who create and manage their own websites.
We’re here to help make you LOOK GOOD and SOUND GREAT.
How it Looks
We’ll evaluate your website from a design perspective to ensure consistency across the site. We’ll look at things such as:
- Are you using the same colors, fonts and sizes for similar elements?
- Are colors used appropriately for links and headings?
- Are your graphics similar in nature and content? Are they appropriate for that page and the content?
How it Works
We’ll look at your website from a usability point of view. Basically, we’ll pretend we’re a customer and see if we can navigate our way through your site to find the information we want. Specifically, we’ll look at things like:
- Do menus work the way we expect, especially drop-down menus?
- Can I find my way back to the home page easily?
- Do I know where I’m at on each page or within each site section?
- Do links work?
How it Sounds
We’ll review your content and provide basic to intermediate level editing, depending on your needs.
Basic Content Review
We’ll make sure:
- Grammar and punctuation is correctly and used consistently.
- Headings are in a consistent tense or tone.
Intermediate Content Review
We’ll look at all the basic elements, plus:
- Evaluate sentence structure and suggest edits where appropriate.
- Suggest changes to passive sentences to make them active.
- Evaluate your overall message. Is it clear and concise? Does it communicate effectively?
What our Review WON’T Include
We are NOT an SEO firm. We’re a communication firm. As such, we’re won’t provide you with information on how to increase your search engine standing. We’re also not a marketing firm. We can’t advise on the best tactics to increase sales.
We ARE a communication firm. We are interested in helping you portray your business, it’s products and services and your company image in the best possible light.